Very kindly, Kim over at RunningToSkinny has nominated me for a Liebster award – thank you! What is a Liebster award?
So here are the questions that were asked of me:
1. What song makes you want to dance like this? (if you want a good giggle – check this out.)
Hmm… I honestly can’t think of a song that makes me want to dance. Sing, yes, but not dance. Gotta love a good sing-along!
2. How far do you live now from where you were born?
I still live in the same town. I moved away for 5 years while I did the uni thing and then got my first proper job, but it all went a bit wrong really, and I missed my family.
3. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Both – though we only have cats right now. We aspire to dog ownership (before children – we’re trying to graduate through size – start with cats and work to children!)
4. If you had unlimited time to travel cross country would it be by plane or RV?
Motorbike would be my ultimate preference. I get travel sick if I’m a passenger in a car/coach, and think you miss out on so much in a plane.
5. What is the best comment you’ve received on your blog?
They’re all great encouragements, and I’m thankful for them all.
6. If you could, (or do) would you have a cleaner or a chef?
Cleaner. I enjoy cooking most of the time, but have to be in the mood to have a real spring clean.
7. What is your favourite board game?
Monopoly – I’m always the banker, and yes, I always cheat!!
8. Are you a run to the shops in my sweats or must put real clothes and make up on kind of gal?
In between – I don’t often go full make up, but sports stuff is strictly for sports.
9. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Or something else altogether?
Tea mostly. I will have the odd black filter coffee if I have the hankering, but tea is my “go to”.
10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Completing my Advanced Diploma in Personnel and Development this year – it was 4 years of self-funded blood, sweat and tears.
11. What made you start blogging?
I need the accountability, and it’s a good place to share experiences.
My random facts are:
- I am a big geek for crime novels, TV shows (fact and fiction) and find all things surgery/medicine fascinating (unfortunately, I’m bad at science)
- I have broken one finger twice and one once – courtesy of trying to rug the horse up
- I’m a lefty, but I write like a right handed person (no lefty “claw” to see here!)
- I hate going to the cinema and avoid it as much as I can
- I worry about nearly everything – but I’m a passive perfectionist
- I play the flute, and can turn my hand to a fair few different instruments with reasonable easy
- I used to ride, and ride well, favouring dressage over jumping
- I strangely enjoy doing the laundry
- I’m a motorsport marshal, and will often be found at Silverstone or Castle Combe during weekend in the summer months
My nominees are…
111 Pounds – a great blog about weight loss, half marathons, wedding prep and lots of other stuff
We are not connected – of Freshly Pressed fame – truly thought provoking!
Presently Obsessed – Queen of the Disney marathon (who makes me want to do it!)
The Edge of Morning – a subject very close to my own heart!
My questions to those who’d like to participate are:
- What/who inspires you?
- If you were hosting a dinner party, who would you invite (and why)?
- Do you like marmite? (I’m not sure if there is an American equivalent, it’s like Vegemite, but much better)
- What was your favourite cartoon as a child?
- What was the highlight of your day today?
- Where would you love to (re)visit?
- What’s the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
- Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
- What made you smile today?
- What are your 3 desert island discs?
- If you were ruler of your own country what would you call it?