After a tough day at work, M and I headed out for a run before Slimming World. M decided to do week 1 of Couch to 5k again. I decided not to run with him, but just try to get a 20 minute run in. I failed. Frustratingly, I don’t know why I seem to be unable to maintain a good running pace and breathe when I go out with M. I’m not blaming him, as it isn’t anything to do with him really. I think it is more that there is a larger amount of pavement traffic around when we go out together. Instead of being able to focus on the actual act of running, I’m busy dodging people, checking that I can dodge people without inadvertently knocking a cyclist down by trespassing on their cycle lane, and attempting not to sound like a horrendous wheezy steam train on my way past. I am going to find a different route to try instead of getting all blah about it.
On to the good news… Post-run, I headed to my Slimming World group for my weigh in. I hit my 3 stone award exactly. I am really pleased, and just wanted to take some time to have a quick reflection on where I am and how I feel:
- I can walk places and hold a conversation very easily, walking at a decent pace too.
- I can run. I never thought I’d be able to say that.
- I have met some lovely people and made new friends through my Slimming World group.
- I eat plenty of food. Nothing is banned, and I’m still learning about moderation.
- My clothes are getting too big.
- My mood is pretty good most of the time, and my depression seems to be lying low a lot of the time.
- I’m probably the fittest I have ever been (in terms of cardiovascular fitness).
Another 3 stone, and I’ll be back to the weight I was when I first started going out with M back in late 2008. Here’s hoping the next 3 stone disappear quickly (but not too quickly).
In other news, I tried to give blood today, but got turned away as they were running behind, so I will make a proper appointment for the next session.