As clichéd as it sounds, I can’t believe where this year is going. It’s June. How did June sneak around so quickly?!
In part, prompted by Lucy’s recent post, I have decided to reflect a little on where I am right now. I started with my (now removed) Tub’s 13 in 2013 page.
I don’t think that some of the things in there are realistically achievable, given what’s happened so far this year. Pretty much anything that requires financial commitment is out. The important thing happening this year is marrying M. All financial resource is being ploughed into that right now. Some of the things of that list don’t interest me any more either, so I’ve decided to scrap the 13 goals, and focus on getting fitter, slimmer and not feeling like an oversized troll in a white dress.
So, a quick check in, a la Lucy:
I am ironically probably been in the best shape I have ever been in, in terms of fitness, just sadly not in terms of weight. I have ticked off a fair few non-scale victories as well as being able to say I can run for longer than I had ever managed before.
I have been suffering with stress quite a bit lately, and it isn’t getting much better. I have had the week off, and in all honesty, I think I left it too long to have some time out from work, as I haven’t recharged very much. It is work that is probably my major stressor, and the exercise helps to keep a balance and stop me from going bonkers. I have some things that I need to put in place to make sure I achieve a better mental/emotional health and deal with the issues. Sadly, it’s 14 weeks until my next holiday.
Stuff I am enjoying:
- Exercise, and strangely I feel markedly more irritable when I can’t get out, or don’t get out.
- New friends – I’ve really started to click with some people in my Slimming World group and hope to grow those friendships more.
- Foodie Penpals – I love receiving parcels, and it’s even better knowing it’s a (nice) surprise inside.
- Time with my family – I’ve really enjoyed spending time with my mum and sister lately (County Show with Mum, and Dartmoor with P)
Some areas to work on:
- Budgeting – enough said!
- Completing my psychometric qualification (I have two assignments outstanding, and have been procrastinating quite spectacularly)
- Tidy house, tidy mind?